Robert L. Lewis is a California attorney who focuses his practice on family law.
Education and Experience
Robert L. Lewis began his postsecondary education at the University of California – Santa Barbara, where he earned a bachelor’s degree in history. After graduating from this institution, he enrolled in the Santa Clara University School of Law. He graduated from this institution with his Juris Doctor in 1973.
Shortly after graduating from law school, Robert Lewis began working as an associate at the Law Office of John S. Gerhardt. He remained in this position for one year. In 1975, Robert Lewis founded the Law Office of Robert L. Lewis, where he continues to practice law privately today.
Associations and Awards
Robert L. Lewis is a member of the State Bar of California and the California Board of Legal Specialization. He has earned several awards during his career. In 2014, for example, he earned a BV rating from Martindale-Hubbell. The State Bar of California has also named him as a Certified Specialist in the practice area of family law.
Attorney Robert L. Lewis handles the following types of cases:
- Domestic Violence – If you are involved in a domestic violence dispute, Attorney Robert Lewis can help you understand the applicable laws; fight for your rights and insure that you are awarded the protective orders that you require.
- Divorce – Robert L. Lewis will represent your interests; strive for fair settlement or aggressively pursue a fair judgment from the Court in both contested and uncontested divorce cases.
- Child Custody – Whether you are pursuing visitation rights or hoping to modify an existing custody arrangement, Attorney Robert L. Lewis can help you maximize your chances of success.
- Spousal Support- In many cases, California courts will require one spouse to pay spousal support to the other in event of divorce. Robert L. Lewis can help you with any type of spousal support case.
- Child Support – California typically requires the noncustodial parent to pay child support to the custodial parent. Contact Robert Lewis for help with child support orders.
Attorney Robert L. Lewis strives to be an approachable and compassionate attorney. He speaks honestly and openly about the case so that the client can understand the issue at hand. Regardless of the nature of situation, you can always count on Robert L. Lewis to treat you with respect and provide you with one-on-one attention you need.
To learn more about working with Attorney Robert Lewis, please contact the Law Office of Robert L. Lewis today.